The desire to write grows with writing. ~ Desiderius Erasmus
Right about this time of the year I often get a little weary and it is easy to start listing what hasn’t gone right and start planning in my head for next year.
But today I got the shot in the arm I need to finish out the year with the same enthusiasm I had when I began in September. I got to spend the day at MCIU with Jeff Anderson. He gave us an introduction and small taste of three of his books – 10 Things Every Writer Needs to Know, Mechanically Inclined, and Revision Decisions. I took notes feverishly.
I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Jeff was informative, inspiring, and funny. These are some of my favorite take-away quotes.
- Teacher you’re a firework. You are the spark. Bring joy to your students.
- The death of creativity is wanting to it to be right.
- What mark will you leave behind by what you say or don’t say, what you do or don’t do?
- Create a space where writing behaviors happen.
- Until you know what your focus is, you cannot choose the right details.
- Sentence combining is the most important part of growing writers.
And my most favorite…..
- Think of grammar as a creational facility rather than a correctional one.
I wish every professional development day could be as inspiring as this day has been!
Thank you, Jeff Anderson