Spending so much time at home alone lately has led me to make some unexpected discoveries.
- The first weeks of the stay-at-home order were filled with almost nonstop TV viewing and trying to get my head wrapped around the situation. Now I limit my TV News viewing, but I still have no idea which news agency is reporting the truth.
- The dog nextdoor barks – a lot!
- I get more accomplished when I am wearing shoes.
- There are “conversations” that take place during the day. The refridgerator begins to speak and the water heater responds; then the creaking walls and attention getting pipes want their voices heard as well.
- Being caught up with the laundry really is possible!
- While I was a little envious of my retired friends, these days at home are really long, and I REALLY miss my students and my classroom.
- I dislike partisan politics even more than I thought.
- Evidently I have ringing in my ears that I haven’t noticed before because my life has been too noisy!
I wonder what other unexpected discoveries I will make in the weeks (hopefully not months) ahead? I am definitely learning that I have taken some things for granted, have ignored some things, and have let some things fall off my radar. What unexpected discoveries are you making during this time of COVID-19?