This has been a LONG week of standardized testing and adjusted schedules, and Friday has been the light at the end of the tunnel. I am embarrassed to say that I have done more than my share of complaining this week about a variety of things, but then I heard “We Didn’t Have Much” by Justin Moore on my way to work. I was surprised to hear it because I usually listen to classical music in the morning, but my husband had used my car and switched stations. It was just what I needed to remind me just how good my life is.
“All we had was us
And had a little bitty house and a lotta love
We had it all when we didn’t have much
When we didn’t have much.”
When I reframe my week in a positive light, I am reminded of just how good my life is. Here are some of the highlights of my week.
- My grandson N. (4.5) called to see if I could “put my coat on” and come to his house.
- My grandson P. (8) called to tell me he leveled-up in reading.
- I finally got fitted for new glasses after my cataract surgery.
- My husband and I talked to a friend in Ohio who we haven’t spoken with in ages.
- I had my favorite garlic and clam white pizza last night for dinner and there are a few pieces leftover.
We don’t have any plans for the weekend, so I am going to be making my way through some chores that have been on the back burner for far too long. The weather is not looking too good for Saturday, so it will be a good day to stay at home and appreciate my “itty bitty house and a lotta love” because I have it all!