“Whatever good things we build end up building us.” ~ Jim Rohn
When I started to think about the word build, I began to think about the things I have built and things I need to build.
Things I have built
- A marriage – going on 39 years
- A family– husband, two children and their spouses, four grandchildren, and my ever supportive siblings and their significant others.
- A career – over 30 years of wearing various hats – elementary music teacher, middle school ELA teacher, college writing teacher, PD facilitator, tutor, writer
- Friendships – a wonderful mix of high school & college friends, work colleagues, neighbors, PAWLP writing project colleagues, and of course my book club buddies – The Chapter Chicks.
Things I need to build
- A better body – not for the look of it but for the feel. Aging definitely takes its toll, but I can do my part to stay strong and healthy.
- Relationships – with people from whom I have drifted.
- An organized home – Purging things collected over almost 40 years can be freeing.
- Reading stamina – I am working on decreasing screen time and increasing read time.
I am grateful for the people and things who have had a part in building me into who I am today, and I look forward to experiencing the renovations and remodeling that will take place in my future.
#Five Minute Friday