#SOL18 Day 8
You can always find a distraction if you are looking for one. ~Tom Kite
I can become distracted so easily sometimes. Like take this post for instance. I have been sitting at my laptop for at least 90 minutes without writing a word. So what got in the way….well let me tell you.
- I checked my email – all three accounts – a couple of times.
- I perused many other slices – convincing myself they were all better than any lame idea I was envisioning.
- Talked to my daughter on the phone.
- Checked Facebook and Twitter
- Tried to reset our set top box because some of the channels were not working
- Watched the episode of This Is Us that I luckily DVRed because I fell asleep while watching
- Rummaged through my Writer’s Notebook
- Channel surfed
- Tried to fix the sound on my laptop so I could be inspired by Spotify – fail!
- Kept going over the events of the day in my head.
- Thought about my weekend plans
- Responded to other slicers.
The list could go on. Why am I so distracted? Why can’t I stay in the moment? Any ideas out there?