#SOL18 Day 7
When it snows you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels. ~ Anonymous
How can something so beautiful cause so much damage? I am home today because we have a snow day. We are experiencing our second Nor’easter in a week and some consequences are obvious, some not so much. Snow days can either be a beauty or a beast. What do you think?
- Serene and picturesque settings
- A surprise day off from school or work
- Pajamas – the uniform of the day
- Snooze alarms disengaged
- Tea time
- Snuggling in with a good book
- An unexpected nap
- Building snowmen
- Helpful neighbors
- Power outages
- Idiot drivers
- Automobile accidents
- Shoveling heart attacks
- Wet boots, hats, and gloves
- Higher heating bills
- Cooped up with whining toddlers
- Cabin fever
- Over eating
- Usually unproductive – “To Do” lists don’t get touched
How has your snow day been going – Beauty or the Beast? Except for a little over eating and not much of anything getting done, my day is a Beauty. My neighbors are taking care of shoveling, and we have nowhere we have to be.
I am going to force myself to do some grading and then grab a cup of tea and a Hallmark movie. Bingo!