#SOL17 Day 15
Beware the barrenness of a busy life. ~Socrates
Today I am feeling like a frustrated gerbil on the wheel.
- My cul-de-sac was not plowed out yesterday. I thought the township would have plows working all night, so when I woke up this morning and saw untouched snow gracing the end of my driveway I was angry. That meant that I was not going to be able to get my Honda Accord out of the driveway. My husband had to drive me to work, and my sister-in-law had to pick me up. I really hate not being able to be independent.
- We had a two-hour delay which shortens all classes to 35 minutes. Ugh! I had a test scheduled, and I really needed to get it in before we begin standardized testing on Friday.
- Speaking of standardized testing, I also need to get in another practice test before Monday which meant it needed to be today or tomorrow. Great – Thursday I have a double period. That will work right? Wrong! I forgot that several of my students were going on a Model UN trip on Thursday, so I had to find time to get it in today. Just where will I find that time?
- With snow on the ground, we had indoor recess, which means I had to stay in with my class. I felt like I had about 10 minutes for lunch, although it was actually 30. I didn’t have time to eat my orange though.
- Today was report card day. Usually our principal distributes the report cards to each student, but due to the schedule change he was not going to be able to do it. We were to give them out at the end of the day. I almost forgot.
- I got home to a few voice mail messages. I returned a call to the insurance company. I knew that they probably wouldn’t talk to me about my husband’s insurance, but I gave it a try anyway. Shot down. I will put that on my list for tomorrow.
- I have a broken tooth. I wanted to call the dentist today and try to get an appointment, but that did not happen. I hope I remember to call tomorrow, so that I get appointment before I break any more of it. Thank goodness it is a back tooth.
My day was not bad. I definitely have had worse. It was just too crowded!