#SOL17 Day 21
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas Edison
This slice comes from an app I have on my phone called Transform Your Life. Each day there is a quote (and for those of you have been to my blog, you know I am all about the quotes!) and beneath that is an assignment for your journal. This is today’s quote and assignment.
Today I am making a list of things that I will not give up on even though I am not too sure how close to success I am in each area! These are in no particular order.
- I will not give up on having good health. Even though I am still using the walker and am not sure what is going on exactly, 58 is too young to be old and decrepit. I want to be a grandmother who can actually do things with her grandchildren.
- I will not give up on losing weight. This is a battle I have won and lost numerous times over the years. I need to look at one meal at a time, one day at a time and not sabotage myself. It is about feeling good and be healthy, not about a size or a number.
- I will not give up on publishing a picture book. I have a couple of ideas that are in the works. I just need to go ahead and submit them. Stop being afraid of rejection!
- I will not give up on any of my students. Some days are a challenge. Some students are a challenge, but each of them is worth the extra effort it might take to help them discover their gift – their voice.
- I will not give up on trying to make a difference. I may only be one person, but my actions can be examples for others. I always want them to be examples of goodness, and kindness, and compassion.
- I will not give up on being the best version of myself, whatever that looks like.