#SOL18 Day 12 Today’s slice was inspired by Mandy Robek
An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly. ~Unknown
Self Care – According to Merriam-Webster – activity we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health.
Self care is the key to improved mood and reduced anxiety. It is not selfish; it is necessary. Why don’t we do more of it? So today’s slice is a “to do or not to do” list – things I should do and not do to take better care of myself.
- Listen to music
- Spend more time with my grandchildren
- Manicure (I will finally be able to since I stopped biting my nails for Lent!)
- Get together with a friend (I have a list.)
- Take a nap
- Go for a walk (That one is tricky for me right now, but I am hopeful.)
- Brew a cup of tea
- Keep a gratitude journal (I have one, but it is not current.)
Not to Do
- Check emails at night
- Go to gatherings I don’t want to go to
- Answer unfamiliar phone numbers
- Negative self-talk
- Try to please everyone
- Over thinking
- Emotional eating
- Hang out with toxic people
- Stress about things I cannot control
- Compare myself to anyone else
- Think about what could have been
- Pass up opportunities to have fun
So there is my start – a dozen “to do” and a dozen “not to do” activities. I am sure as I go along and start to really concentrate on taking better care of myself, my lists will become longer.
Today I resurrected my gratitude journal and brewed a lovely cup of tea after dinner. Can’t wait to see how much kinder I can be to myself tomorrow.